Comments and General Information:|
Seeker II is my next-generation stealth mini-sumo. It is under 10 cm x 10 cm in its normal start position. It is 1.5" high, and weighs in at almost exactly 500 grams. Seeker II is very fast and very aggressive.
Components and Parts:
- Microchip PIC 16F876, running code written with the CCS C compiler
- TI SN754410 h-bridge
- National LM2940 5-volt regulator
- Dual NiMH 9-volt battery supplies, with separate power switches for the motors and the electronics.
- Faulhaber 1717 gearmotors with Micromo 76:1 gearheads
- Dual Sharp GP2D12 analog range-finder sensors
- Dual Fairchild QRD-1114 edge sensors
- All parts custom machined from delrin, aluminum, and brass (by myself)
- Molded sticky poly-urethane tires on custom machined wheels